ANXIETY – STRESS – REACTIVITY – FEAR
Private consultation for behavior solution
People often use anthropomorphism’s to describe their pet’s behavior. It is very normal as we think in human terms and not canine terms. An example is the famous: “My dog ate my shoes because he was mad at me, because I left him home alone”. Of course that is not true, but this is how , we Humans, rationalize canine behavior.
Two hour consultation in the privacy of your home: $ 225.00. This includes:
- Traveling fee up to 30 miles.
- Complete report with educational videos and documentation corroborating the protocol and the training program
- Unlimited text and videos follow up in order to monitor progress.
Additional hour $ 70.00
Our time together encompasses the following:
Complete evaluation of your dog behavior.
Training program to be implemented for you and your dog.
How to manage behavior and achieve success through the quadrant of learning theory:
- Situation management (space, social, stress)
- Behavior modification
- Medication (with the help of veterinarian) if needed
Targeting of the problem(s) and protocol to follow.
In general you will learn:
– How and when should I redirect my dog when he is starting to display fear, reactivity, anxiety?
– How to read your dog’s body language = What does my dog is feeling? = How is he going to act?
– How to establish a better relationship
– How and why external elements influence your dog.
– What are the onset of the unwanted behavior.
– Learn to read your dog body language.
– How to redirect in case of a potential problem.
– Understand your dog’s mind and how he sees the world around him.
– Bonding with your dog to better your relationship = successful and easier training.
PRIVATE TRAINING AND WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT LEARN HOW TO TEACH YOUR DOG IN THE SAFETY OF YOUR HOME.
–Address my dog’s needs in order to lead a fulfilling life. (Breed specific)
– Stop jumping on people.
– Potty outside.
– Walk without pulling.
– Wait for you
– Come back to you off leash
– Leave object or drop object
– Be respectful of guest entering your home
Private Training Classes Prices
Private training: $ 100.00 per hour:
Once your dog understand well how to respond to what is expected, inside, it is time to see how well he’ll understand outside. This is why it is important to practice training in more challenging environments: This is skill is called :
Generalization and it is vital for your dog’s safety
Outside in nature, it is you and your dog!
At this crucial time, you should take your puppy everywhere, in order for him to see and understand this new world enfolding before his eyes, nose, ears and paws. This is when fear can happen in an instant, and then trauma will take a lifetime to correct. Up to 16 weeks of age, we will assist you in introducing your pup to the following stimuli.
- We will teach him to hear thunder and habituate itself to this new sound.
- Learn to swim.
- To meet new objects: ladder, umbrellas, hats, sunglasses, water hoses, sprinklers, vacuum cleaners, brooms, new dogs , new people, new animals, ect..
- Walk him without the constraint of his leash in a safe area. It’s the perfect time for him to understand that he needs to look at you for guidance.
- Watch a truck, a motorcycle, kids on skateboard, an airplane in the sky.
- Stroll down the plaza and walk into a store.
- Finally learn how to recall your puppy when he is off leash: This is a life saving exercise.
Your time in helping him explore his new environment will go a long way in making him a well balanced dog.
Bella at 11 weeks old had never seen water before. After 5 minutes of sitting on the board, she was able to build a positive association with the water, thanks to the positive reinforcement of my praises and treats.