ANXIETY – STRESS – REACTIVITY – FEAR
Private consultation for behavior solutions.
People often use anthropomorphism’s to describe their pet’s behavior. It is normal to think in human terms and not canine terms. An example would be: “My dog ate my shoes because he was mad at me, when I left him home alone”. This is not true of course, nonetheless, this is how people, rationalize canine behavior.
Fees starting 02/15/22: No contract
One single hour: $125.00
Two hours home consultation + behavioral report/training protocol: $ 285.00
Three hours home consultation + behavioral report/training protocol: $ 375.00
In the privacy of your home, our time together encompasses the following:
- Complete report with educational videos and documentation corroborating the protocol and the training program
Unlimited text and videos follow up in order to monitor progress.
- Complete evaluation of your dog behavior.
- Appropriate Training program for and your dog, remember each dog is UNIQUE.
- How to manage behavior and achieve success:
- Situation management (space, social, stress)
- Behavior modification demonstration
- Referral to vet behaviorist for adapted medical plan if needed
- Targeting of the problem(s) and protocol to follow.
You will learn:
– How and when should I redirect my dog when he is starting to display fear, reactivity, anxiety?
– How to read your dog’s body language = What does my dog is feeling? = How is he going to act?
– How to establish a better relationship
– How environment influences your dog’s behavior .
– What are the onset of the unwanted behavior.
– Learn to read your dog body language.
– How to redirect in case of a potential problem.
– Understand your dog body posture so that you can predict his emotions and behavior.
– How your dog sees the world around him.
– Bonding with your dog to better your relationship = successful and easier training.
PRIVATE TRAINING AND WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN AND HOW TO TEACH YOUR DOG IN THE SAFETY OF YOUR HOME.
–Address my dog’s needs in order to lead a fulfilling life. (Breed specific)
– Stop jumping on people.
– Potty outside.
– Walk without pulling.
– Wait for you
– Come back to you off leash
– Leave object or drop object
– Be respectful of guest entering your home
Once your dog understands well to honor your request, it is time to practice in different more challenging environments. This is skill is called : GENERALIZATION
For the clients living outside my service area and out of state, I offer the possibilities to “virtually meet” through Zoom in order to jump start management and appropriate training:
Remember as Pet dog parents there are a lot of things that YOU can do to help your dog. I’ll be there virtually to guide you
Fee: $ 105.00 per hour
Outside in nature, it is you and your dog!
At this crucial time, you should take your puppy everywhere, in order for him to see and understand this new world enfolding before his eyes, nose, ears and paws. This is when fear can happen in an instant, and then trauma will take a lifetime to correct. Up to 16 weeks of age, we can assist you in introducing your pup to the following stimuli.
- New sound.
- Learn to swim.
- Meet new objects: ladder, umbrellas, hats, sunglasses, water hoses, sprinklers, vacuum cleaners, brooms, new dogs , new people, new animals, ect..
- Learn to walk without the constraint of his leash in a safe area. It’s the perfect time for him to understand that he needs to look at you for guidance.
- Watch a truck, a motorcycle, kids on skateboard, an airplane in the sky.
- Stroll down the plaza and walk into a store.
- Finally learn how to recall your puppy when he is off leash: This is a life saving skill.
Your time in helping him explore his new environment will go a long way in making him a well balanced dog.
Bella at 11 weeks old had never seen water before. After 5 minutes of sitting on the board, she was able to build a positive association with the water, thanks to the positive reinforcement of my praises and treats.